View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Default more omega 3 oil in grass fed

I've eaten grass fed beef. It's not the same. I can't describe the taste. Maybe it is a little big tougher.
But I know grassfed is better for people and better for the cows and better for the environment (the corn makes the cows produce methane gas and contribute to global warming)

The solution is to eat more vegetarian meals during the week. Our planet does not have enough grasslands for everyone to eat grass fed beef.

Mari

http://www.mercola.com/beef/main.htm

Quote:
We Know That Grass Fed Beef, Unlike Grain Fed Beef, Is:

-A natural source of omega 3 fats
-High in CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid)
-Full of beta carotene
-Loaded with over 400% more of vitamins A and E
-Virtually devoid of risk of Mad Cow Disease

You May Lose Weight With REAL Beef Due to Its CLA Content

CLA is a naturally occurring fat found in animal and dairy fats such as beef and poultry that are not fed grains. As soon as you start to feed cattle grain they start to lose their ability to produce CLA. Animals that graze on pasture have from 300 to 400% more CLA than animals fattened on grain in a feedlot.

As we all know, diet and exercise are required to lose weight. However, University of Wisconsin research, completed this year but not yet published, showed that CLA intake will assist individuals who lose weight in preventing putting pounds back on.

I don't think we in good conscious can state that CLA enriched beef will enable you to lose weight without other diet measures and exercise, so please review my optimal food choice program for other suggestions.

The human intestine produces CLA naturally from linoleic acid. Recent studies have been conducted on attaining a higher CLA content in daily food intake because of possible health benefits such as weight loss. Please revie w the CLA Benefit Page for more information.
http://www.celsias.com/2007/10/17/wh...rass-fed-beef/
Quote:
And there are other environmental costs. Next to carbon dioxide, the most destabilizing gas to the planet’s climate is methane.Methane is actually 24 times more potent a greenhouse gas than carbon dioxide, and its concentration in the atmosphere is rising even faster. The primary reason that concentrations of atmospheric methane are now triple what they were when they began rising a century ago is beef production. Cattle raised on pasture actually produce more methane than feedlot animals, on a per-cow basis.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-21-2008)