View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 10:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi gagracie,

Sorry about your accident. PCS is no fun, but a lot of people do overcome it. My son went about a week between injury and the onset of severe headaches. Ended up out of commission for about 3 months in all, but didn't start improving until after a couple weeks of complete rest...no stimuli such as TV, computer, reading, etc. Baking turned out to be his outlet.

Relief for the headaches was difficult. Regular pain relievers only took the edge off and other meds didn't seem to help either. We resorted to our Chiropractor who told me he couldn't stop the headaches, but if there was any stressors coming from the neck area, he would be able to relieve them. (He had a whiplash type hit on the hockey boards). He used laser therapy. We also sought out a sacral psycotherapist who helped with relaxation techniques and something called "zero balancing." I can't say for sure what helped and what didn't. I do know that at the time there was very little relief and on the day he had those appointments, my son's discomfort was lessened.

Good luck and take it easy.

Sandy
sbosco is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote