View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 07:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SI joint problems

Well my new orthopedist that had thought he wanted to take out the pins decided that it probably would not give me the results I'm praying for. An SI joint injection reproduced the pain so definitively that they feel that more of my pain is coming from the joint and not the pins. With a failed fusion and incomplete bridging, in my mind, I am seeing pieces of bone that I know is what I feel everytime I take a step. The pins are a component though. SO it sounds like no one wants to help me even the pain management people. My family MD is prescribing longacting narcotics with breakthrough medication. I work about 6 hours a day and spend the rest of my life lying on the sofa or my bed. This sucks so bad I don't know what to do. It is so painful to move around so I just don't. I know this is not the way I want to live. I live and work at one of the finest medical schools in the southeast. The doctor I work for is a pediatric heart surgeon. He saves little babies lives with little conduits that look like cocktail straws or smaller. Yet, no one can fix ONE damn bone in my body. The new orthopedist says that the joint needs to be cleaned out and probably re-fused and no one around wants to attempt that.
My life is absolutely screwed.
SallyE5756 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote