View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 09:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SI joint surgery

I underwent a left SI joint fusion wil bilateral pelvic fixation (pins in both hips). It was a very difficult surgery to recover adnis not for the faint of heart. I had 2 other back surgeries where I learned the secret was to get up and walk as soon as you could. I was back to work in 3 weeks with my back surgery, more like three months with the SI surgery and even then not at full capacity. It took almost a year before I was walking unassisted and doing somewhat better. However, I began having problems again and have found out that the SI joint failed to fuse and because it is mobile it is causing the pins to move. I have no one to turn to now. My surgeon was in Atlanta and I really can't go back for quite a few reasons. The expense is one. I didn't really care for my treatment at Emory and I'm not sure I want the same surgeon who didn't exactly get it right the first time.
Apparently though, no noe touches this little tiny joint. Since the fusion failed, there are parts of that joint that now have pieces of bone inside acting as bone spurs whenever I take a walk. I am a total train wreck, emotionally and physically. The first pain management person I saw had nothing but long acting narcotics to offer me (I was hoping for a spical stimulator or something that wouldn't mean being tired from Narcotics all the time). So, I am doing so horribly emotionally, etc, I am seeing a psychiatrst to help with the fact that I am so depressed now and all I do is cry. I don't think that could possibly do much because when its all said and done, all I can do is go to work (I work 6 hours a day) and then come home and lie down because of the pain. I wish someone had some other answerss or possible solutions. HELP if your out there.
SallyE5756 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote