View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 12:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieG View Post
I'm new to this site and hope this is where I'm supposed to respond. I too have Fibro and find it hard to sleep. I take Advil PM ONLY when I know that I need to have a good nights sleep. I take only one pill. I take it around 8:30 - 9:00 p.m. I have it TOTALLY dark in the bedroom. I sleep pretty well. Only wake up once or twice and can fall back asleeep. Still have some side effects in the morning. Cannot handle meds well. Katie
Try asking your doc about cyclobenzaprine. It relaxes muscles, and helps you get to REM sleep. People with FMS have poor sleep because they are unable to get to REM sleep, and you may experience sudden jerks trying to fall asleep, or multiple wake ups during the night. Our body naturally produces melatonin, but as we grow older, the amount of melatonin we produces decreases. There are melatonin supplements on the market, and my doc says it is ok. Talk to you doctor. She/He can help with meds/supp., and may bring up water therapy. I hate taking prescription drugs, but until I am able to control my fibro, I have to.
uncomfortable one is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote