View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member

HOW HORRIBLE!!!! I feel for you. I can't imagine having to deal with all that water and water damage. I hope insurance will cover everything.

There are several of the Pergo like floorings now that don't use glue. In fact, I'm pretty sure the newest Pergo flooring is snap and fit. We used a cheaper brand in one of our bathrooms a couple years ago, and have really been happy with it. It was cheap in comparison to tile (especially for a 3 X6 foot bathroom...lol). It looks good (ceramic tile look and has been holding up great.

When my son was just a toddler, he had horrible ugly old crunchy carpet in his room when we moved into the house. He had horrible airborne allergies. We were also low on money, so we went with the cheap peel and stick tiles...thinking it would suffice temporarily. Well, here we are 18 years later...my son is long gone, and that floor is still kicking and looks good! We have replaced maybe a few tiles over the years where the bed rolling back and forth scratched a few areas, and they've always blended very well. It was a wood like look on a diagonal. I know 'not carpet' is recommend to reduce allergies. At the time, we never gave thought to all the nasty chemicals that might be in glues or preparations or materials, so we just went with 'not carpet'.

I'd definitely go 'not carpet' wherever possible. Don't be afraid to try a cheap alternative for a kid's room. We did my son's 10 x10 room for under $200, although that was quite a few years ago. It would still be a cheaper option, though. We just feel its the best thing we ever did. Not that often that the cheap alternative works that well, but it did for us. Now my daughter is in the room. Maybe I'll post a picture of her recent remodel...we kept the same floor....lol!

Cara

Last edited by jccgf; 10-16-2006 at 08:45 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote