View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Visit with Chiropractor

A few weeks ago I noticed a bony bump at the back of my neck when turning my head from side to side. I told myself it was probably nothing since it didn't hurt, but had my GP check it last Friday. Well, he said my C-2 vertebra was out of alignment and that could be the reason for my ongoing headaches. He prescribed muscle relaxant and sent me to a chiropractor. So I had my first appointment yesterday and he did some strange things and at one point I thought he was breaking my neck, but it seems ok - only a little sore today. I have to go back tomorrow and I hope with a few visits I will finally get over this. I didn't do well with the muscle relaxant - felt like I was drunk and my heart was racing. I had to call my husband at work to come home and take me to my appointment yesterday, I didn't even trust myself to walk the half mile, so I stopped taking them.

I don't know why nobody ever thought to check my neck before. I had told my neuro a few month ago about a crunching sound I was hearing when turning my head and he laught and said it was probably arthritis.

My GP also recommended that I try acupuncture. I might try it after I see how things are going with the chiropractic adjustments.

Last edited by Sissy; 04-22-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add
Sissy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote