View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's not so much of a worry as it is a weird, morbid curiousity of what the MS Trolls in my body are going to do to me.

I'm really hoping that I'll be one of those MSers who can make it to old age without any major disabilities or serious problems related to the MS. I dont think that will be the case for me, but I can always hope.

I already am probably going to be the primary caregiver for my mom (she had a contra-coup concussion when she was 17 and was in a coma for 5 weeks. We're now getting a good look at what a TBI can do to a person years down the road)

I'm hoping that my mom and I wont be sharing a primary caregiver...having scooter/wheelchair races in the street in front of the house.

I'm still hoping that the medical-science geeks will invent a machine in my lifetime that you can get into or wave over someone (a'la Star Trek and Stargate) that will cure everything wrong with you. That would be so cool. Get a degenerative neurological disease, no problem, get into the Medical Curer-3000 and you're cured. Break a leg, get it fixed in 10 minutes. Cough up a lung, sit for 30 minutes and regrow the lung.

Of course, that's wishful thinking, but it would be nice if they figure out a cure within the next few years...I could live with a little numbness and occasional vision weirdness if they could find a cure to keep all of us from getting any worse.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote