View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 06:31 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Please look to my response below to Tracey where I list all of the testing and why it is important before going to surgery, although I am very pro surgery as it did help some of my symptoms and I wish I had not had to fight work comp insurance for 4 years.

Can you get to Denver? Dr. Annest, Brantigan and Sanders are so knowledgeable and do so many surgeries on a daily basis that I feel so comfortable with any on of them. And St. Luke's hospital is so used to us, that they know immediately to look for CRPS and fibromyalgia symptoms which can flare up after surgery and respond with immediate meds to help quell them.

Please yahoo CRPS, and look at my post about the different types of nerve damage. My EMGs show that I need carpal tunnel surgery, shoulder surgery on the right, and I do have right elbow symptoms...but I've only had the BP release on the right side. Reason? Two - first work comp is slow and I have to bring them to judges to get approvals. TAkes years. But also, I have the CRPS sometimes very bad, and it is FRIGHTENING when it takes off, takes hold, and your life becomes literally some kind of horror movie every moment of every day with bright red skin and severe mind boggling pain.

So read up, then GO WITH YOUR GUT. I wish I had my BP release right away when I got TOS. I think I would have benefited and not be a bedridden 48 year old now. I have a nurse. So no, I'm not afraid of surgeries, just how and where you get them.

God bless.

And for all of you, work comp, social security and take a look at these, don't scoff right off, and just because you have to get medical proof do not be scared off from doing the work.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gator (04-23-2008), KLS2007 (04-22-2008), trixlynn (04-23-2008)