View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 12:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thursday View Post
I just got off the phone with my claims adjustor. My claim is headed toward settlement. If my doc would get off his rear and write the P&S report!!!
Anyway the adjustor just called and asked me for my recorded statement and it was hard not to feel like I was in the hot seat!! [The back story why I'm at the end and JUST getting around to this is b/c I've been on loopy meds and they can't get a statement when I am like that.] Luckily when he called I had my hands on my injury files (that are very complete and pretty well organized) and I was able to get thru it w/o stumbling too much. lesson: the best thing I've done throughout this ordeal is keeping such good records He even wanted to trip me up with my hobbies. I said I used to draw and then he went needling into that (how can you with tendonitis??). I hope I clarified well enough..... You just can never tell how they might twist things!!

At the end he asked if I wanted to add anything- and I didn't other than "I hope I was clear and if there are any questions they might have I'd be glad to clarify." I can't help but feel a little anxious now... Anybody have stories from their WC case closing while still injured. Horror stories? Things to anticipate? Worries? Mistakes? Did I make any by not adding anything? Also- he told me in the beginning that I didn't even have to do this recorded statement but I did anyway cos I thought it might help me more than hurt me- was I right???

Thank you!
I am going through the same thing. I know that my foot will never be the same and I know that I will never be able to do the job that I used to. I have done all that I could to not suck from WC like... use vacation and sick pay etc. I only received WC payments for 1 month and I could not stand sitting at home any longer so I went to work for my parents. they know what I can and cannot do and the job is a totally sit on the butt job. Attorneys would not even talk to me because I am employed. My worry is that when they sell the business... who is going to hire me? I too am very scared for my future.
queen178 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote