Thread: Mtv
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2006, 10:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I didn't see MTV show because I don't get the channel, but I wanted to mention that it sounds like it was a really good show. It showed not only a severe case, but also a mild case.

My sister is in highschool, and I wanted to share with you all how kids in her class reacted to this show. During class a couple students got started talking about the show and started cracking up about some of the tics people had on there. It got to the point where it needed to stop. The teacher told the class that it's really not funny because her cousin has TS. My sister then said, "yeah, it's not funny at all because my sister has TS." The students kept going and the teacher said, "you guys need to stop because I don't find this one bit funny including my cousin has TS." My sister said it about three times and no one heard her.

Their class went on to the next class and two students sitting behind my sister (the same kids that started it in the other class) started making jokes about it again. The one kid said, "ohh I felt so bad when the teacher said her cousin had it" and the other said, "I know" and then they started making jokes again.

My sister then turned around and gave them both a really bad look and said, "you guys, I don't find this one bit funny. I said in the other class three times that my sister has TS and it's not funny, but obviously you were too busy making jokes to hear me." The one kid said, "you really said that." My sister said, "yeah, I said that, maybe you need to do some research before you start cracking jokes about it too, because that would be like me cracking jokes about ......." They didn't say one more word about it the rest of the hour.

Well anyways that's how her class responded to the show which I feel is really disappointing because it only takes a couple kids like that to get a whole class going. Even though her whole school probably knows I have TS now, I'm really glad she stood up to those students. She is the most understanding sister you could ever ask for.

Carolyn
carolyn_lsc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote