View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 06:08 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart early morning ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshadow View Post
What can I do to help my daughters (via phone, with advice or showing love), or for my friends, today?

If the answer to these questions are that I can't do anything today, just bed, just dealing with the high pain, then I accept that for that hour, 1/2 day increment, etc.
Tam, what an excellent attitude! This way of thinking is what keeps me feeling 'of value', because so many of my days have to be spent on me (or in bed). When I wake up I ask myself to try to do whatever I can for others and surprisingly, I CAN do small things! Small but important (giving a ride to an elderly friend, running an errand for mom, picking up trash blown in the street, etc).

Which also follows a similar idea in this thread: My pain is not greater than your pain.

I am encouraged to see so many others who have dealt with TOS for many more years than me. But that's not to say their pain is greater or lesser than mine. In Group therapy, we have a saying "our pain is equal, nobody's suffering is better than". Some of my group-ies have been abused as children, some have pins in their bones, some have mental issues... I look at them and think, gee, maybe I'm not so bad off. But they look at me and think the same thing!

Tamaras' so positive given the pain and loss she suffers. As are many, many others here. I get so much encouragement to live when I come here.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

"It is what it is."
astern is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (04-23-2008)