View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Update on my mom

Some of this is copied from a previous post.

We made a decision about my mom. My sister and I just decided to go ahead and make it since the boys are in the "whatever you want to do" mode. Thank goodness she has daughters! lol Anyway, we decided to have her apply for anything and everything and see all the doctors she needs to see. Once all that is done I will fly mom up here and keep her until after xmas. Then we will fly her back down to my sister and she will keep her until everything has gone through. This means applying for ssdi, std, state assistance and senior income assisted housing where my grandma lived. They have a one year wait list so this will work out for everyone.

By staying with me, this will give my sister and mom a break from each other and she will be able to go with us to her youngest son's wedding in September. Plus she'll spend xmas with us and her brother. So, that's the plan.

Her neurologist said she cannot work in the factory so she is stuck right now. Both of her eyes are bad, she has seizures which they think are related to going off Dilantin too early and her memory is shot and she cannot drive the rest of her life.

She is eligible for STD with insurance but after that she doesn't have insurance. So, my sister will be fighting for the SSDI and/or state assistance. Hopefully that will all be taken care of before she comes here. All of her doctors said they will help with disability. It's the best solution we can come up with right now. Please pray all goes well.
AfterMyNap (04-23-2008), AZjanie (04-23-2008), Bannet (04-24-2008), DM (04-23-2008), ewizabeth (04-23-2008), Jodylee (04-23-2008), karousel (04-25-2008), Kitty (04-23-2008), MooseasaurusRex (04-23-2008), sabimax (04-23-2008), SallyC (04-23-2008), soxmom (04-23-2008), Victor H (04-23-2008)