View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 03:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused newbie with lotsa questions...

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie... just diagnosed with the final deal last week. They're about to start me on a DMD, but I'm having a terrible time deciding between Avonex and Copaxone. Is one really any more effective than the other?? Or am I just trading side effects and injection convenience? I can't seem to find any literature that compares the two drugs on the same terms. Does any of you have any insight that you could share with me? Thanks, in advance!

Also, I'm a totally healthy 30 year old woman; my only symptoms as of yet have been tingling of my toes and numbness in my hands. However, the brain MRI showed between 30 and 35 lesions in my brain. None were found on my spinal cord, and no O bands were found in my CSF. My question is this - how many lesions to y'all (yes, I'm from Texas ) have? Is 30 a lot? The doc said that it's likely that the MS has been attacking un-eloquent areas of my brain since I was a teenager. I know that's really rare - that most people are diagnosed between 20 and 40, so I also worry that my version of MS could be rabid (for lack of a better term). Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks again so much for being here for me to torment with my many questions.
Rissa_TX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote