View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 03:22 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

It's not the quantity of lesions, it's the quality of lesions. You can have a ton of lesions and hardly have any disability, or you can have a couple of them and have serious problems.

It depends on where they are.

I have two lesions on my spine. I have no problems walking. I have numbness on the sides of my feet and in my toes, and this morning I woke up to a numb hand (feeling came back about an hour ago in the hand)

I have yet to have any paralysis. So, apparently those two little lesions are only causing me sensory symptoms, and not motor problems.

My brain MRI couldnt find any lesions, but I had optic neuritis as one of my presenting symptoms. So, I'm guessing that I must have a lesion somewhere on my optic nerve, but heck if they couldnt find anything but two little white "dots", that were "not indicative of MS" in my left frontal lobe on that same MRI.

MS is a weird disease...sometimes it does things that make no sense.

Oh, and to answer your question about which DMD to use. Doesnt really matter...if you take one and you're allergic to it, or if it doesnt seem to do much for you, they'll just try you on another one till they find the one that works.

I went with the one that had the least side effects to start out with. I'm on Copaxone. I'd rather have little bee sting reactions to injecting every day, rather than several days of the "MS Flu" from one of the other DMD's.

I'm hoping to convince my neuro to let me try LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rissa_TX (04-23-2008)