View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 03:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
oh, and I have some suspicions that I might have developed MS sometime during my childhood or teenage years. I have no evidence of that tho...just an experience with vertigo for a month or two when I was maybe 11 where I was dizzy everytime I rode in my dad's Volkswagon Bus. (pre-seatbelt law days) I had to lay on the floor of the bus to keep from being sick everytime I got in it.

My parents thought it was a weird phase I was going thru where I wanted to lay on the foor of the bus, but no, I was dizzy enough to want to hurl.

I also have a few memories of feeling a sensation similar to The Hug in my early 20's. So, I'm not at all sure that I developed MS after having mononucleosis in 1996. I'm not sure if my memories are correct for the timeline of when I remember some of this stuff.
Thanks so much for your insight. This is just such a strange trip. Now I keep convincing myself that every single weird sensation that I have has to do with MS. I need to quit it.
One other question I have is this - does heat actually cause flare ups, or does it just make old flare ups feel worse? My doc says the former, but all literature that I've read says the latter... I really like being outdoors, and I live in Texas. Not looking forward to trading my mountain bike for a stationary one...

Planning to be a "glass half full" kind of gal...
just as soon as I get my head around this.

Rissa_TX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (04-23-2008)