View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

No, Barb. I think you described it quite well in your first posting, but I embellished it a little, and forgot a little by the time I got to thinking and replying.

I have never had asthma either, and my COPD tests came out fine, but I used a puffer back in 2003 when I had my BIG spinal lesion attack. My doc thought that I might have picked up some virus/cold thingy that was going around, coincidentally while the hug was bothering me so much, and I went along with it to see if it would help. It did, but I am not sure if he was right, or if it just made me feel less stressed (by using it) when the "tightness" came on.

If your insurance will pay for the puffer, I think you should give it a try. If it helps, it should be effective quite quickly . . . so then you wouldn't need to waste any time getting into the ER again (if it doesn't). Hopefully that won't happen again though . . .

Cherie