View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

All I can say is I am extremely happy that I eat what I eat. Fish, grilled chicken, steamed veggies, salads, no trans fats, NO BLOOD PUDDING, SAUSAGE, ANYTHING WITH BLOOD.

I loved the vomit thing by the way. Great graphic.

Oh, Alan and I just came home from Alan's Physical Therapy appointment. His physical therapist loves to talk about healthy eating and stuff and he is very very pleased with Alan's progress with his foot.

So as we were talking about what we eat and drink, I said "why this morning, I made a delicious vegetable juice concoction". And Richard said: "what do you put in the drink?" and I said 'why, I use Zucchini, celery, apple, pear, blueberry, carrots, etc." He looked at me and said: "you actually put zuchinni in a juicer, isn't it disgusting??" and I said 'Ask Alan what he drinks every morning and if it's disgusting??"

Alan pipes in "Richard, it's the most delicious drink you ever drank". Richard said "really? we have a juicer in our home I must try this on the weekend".

Then another therapist came in and said 'Oh, we have a juicer, we used to use it, and we gave it away". We all said 'why??" and she said "BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO CLEAN IT AFTER YOU USE IT"

I just laughed because every morning, after I juice, I take the whole thing apartment, clean each piece, and back together it goes. Takes me all of 5 minutes. It's a no brainer. Healthy juicing in the morning, live enzymes going in my body, maybe it's all in my head, but I feel good after just a small cup. I go easy on the fruit because I'm diabetic, but Alan LOVES a nice big glass of this stuff.

I have to find some different combinations. Maybe add some parsley, or some other veggie.

It's a good way to get your vegetables.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote