View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Welcome to the board. You got questions, we got answers!

I chose Avonex just cause I didn't want to inject myself any more than once a week.

As far as the heat goes, I think it just makes old symptons come back temporarily. Get back in the cool temp and they go away. Check out all the cooling gear that you can buy. There is one of the MS organizations that have a free cooling program. Well it's realy a rental but you get it for life. You get a vest and several other things. I wear my vest when I go places to like the zoo or an amuzement park. If I want to play outside with my grandkids I might wear it or just keep plenty of ice cold water with me. My neuro also told me that taking Tylenal before doing something in the heat helps some people because it keeps down your core temp. I also gave myself a generous Christmas present a couple of years ago and put an automatic starter on my car. So I can turn it on before I get out to it and the AC is already on. Get a written statemnt from your doc that says AC is medically necessary and then give that to your local gas/electric company and they can put you on a priority list if the power goes out.

Good luck with everything!
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rissa_TX (04-23-2008)