View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Brain,

Is that like a saucer magnolia with big pink blooms in the spring? I love those!

I got my sister a Pee-Gee Hydrangea "Grandiflora" tree for her birthday. I ordered it online and she should get it soon. It's a beautiful tree that we both love. She has a beautiful yard and garden and I can't wait to see it when it blooms. It gets 10-15' high and 8-10' wide with huge blooms up to 12" from mid-summer to early fall. She'll use it as a centerpiece in her flower garden.

I bought a couple of shrubs yesterday, a snowball viburnum that is beautiful in spring and fall and has summer berries for the birds. I also got a hydrangea shrub for the front yard. The rabbits don't eat my other hydrangea perennials so I figured that would be a good choice.

I'm taking out the burning bush and moving it to the backyard where it won't be so unsightly after a winter of chewing by the rabbits.

I planted two rhododendrums in the front and divided my hostas, Annabelle hydrangea to plant in my new bare spot where we took out the old bush.

I also got some perennials for my front flower garden, including a painted daisy, foxglove (for a shady corner), poppies, and some white phlox.

I have to do a lot of dividing and transplanting of my other flowers and I'll be good for new stuff this year.

I'm going to cover my shrubs this fall with a chicken wire around them so maybe the coming winter won't be so bad with the rabbits.

Our neighbor came over and showed me her new puppy, a German Shepard beauty named Bear. I hinted that I wouldn't mind if she played in our backyard to discourage the rabbits.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote