Thread: Exercise
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 12:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Does anyone have any experience with rowing machines? I have not been out to look at them or try them out but although they look like they may be difficult (?) to use I am quite interested.

So, any personal experiences, pros, cons or you just think I'm crazy

I currently use a treadmill and pilates body bands but I'm thinking a rowing machine might let me push harder in a differnt way.
I had a rowing maching many years back.... when I was just a young pup! It was a great all body work out. But right now, for me, I wouldn't try it, because I know how hard it is and know my present limatiations.

But, having said that, it might work for you... just know it is a fully body workout and very hard! And I was in really good shape at the time and still found it challenging.

Not trying to discourage a workout, just giving my experience. Good luck finding what works for you. But, just an afterthought, you might try to find one just to try out a few times...... I can't remebmer, it might have tension adjustments on it, and maybe I just had it set on a hard position.

HANG IN THERE!

If I had to sum up FRIENDSHIP in one word, it would be COMFORT. ~Adabella Radici

MS/dx2006
BETASERON (Quit May 2011)
COPAXONE (Began June 2011)
Friend2U is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Snoopy (04-24-2008)