Thread: Trip to ER
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend2U View Post
I have had quite a week. Sunday evening my husband called an ambulance I was in so much rib pain. It subsided enough, that I didn't go ahead and let them take me. But then, later in the night, it started up again. So we went to the E.R. which is about 60 miles away. They did CT Scan, EKG, blood tests, but couldn't find what was the cause. They initially thought it might me a stone left from the gallbladder surgery last Monday...but didn't find anything that would relate it to the surgery.

I kept asking if it was the ms rib banding. They all acted like they had never heard such a thing. My neuri wasn't there. So it was all drs I had never seen before. It finally died down Monday, so I just came on home. It's so scary to not know what to do when it hurts so much. I have never been a complainer, just withstand pain and go on. But this was at least equal to my labor pain with no breathe time in between. The spells would last about an hour. Then would subside for a while and start up again. The morphene wasn't even completely stopping it.

I seem okay right now. I'm thinking I may need to find a neurologist who is more specialized with MS. He is a good doctor and maybe he will have some ideas when I do get to talk with him. But it's such a helpless feeling.

Thanks for listening!
~friend
Sometimes you can have a stone left in the duct. Sometimes it can be hard to see/fine. IF you have it again, demand an ultra sound of the area. They may have you stand WHILE e/s you so they may be able to see the stone drop (that is what they had to do for me).

I have no experience with the MS hug, so I can't answer that.

Could it have been gas pain? GERD?

Hope you are feeling better!!! And hope you don't get it again!

Had onset attack in 4/2000

Can stop blaming myself for symptoms now.

Visit me on
beautytransforming is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (04-26-2008)