Thread: The PD Process
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 07:01 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Change

None of us are going to go back to what was normal for us. And if you think about it, who would want to? I mean, we are talking about a state of being with a clock ticking in our brains. That is not a worthy goal.

Change has got to be a part of our vision. We aren't aiming for "normal", we're aiming for something better than that. Just what that is will probably be different for each of us but have common threads, just like the disorder.

There are some key features about PD and stress is at the center. Does anyone know of any condition that is more stress-sensitive? I can't think of one that comes close. The French neurologist Charcot who gave PD its name felt that stress was the cause. And I don't care what the books say, I don't think that what we call PD existed before the Industrial Revolution. It is toob common and distinctive to have been essentially overlooked.

And remember, those of us who were around at the time on the old BT forum, what weirdly stressed-out lives we had as little kids? And how disfunctional so many of us are? Overachievers? Heck, even our recovering alcoholics end up taking over their local AA chapters!

Any Tolkein fans here? Remember when Gandalf was lost to the evils in the Abyss? He returned but not as he was. That's what we have to work out for each of us, I think. The old way was killing us in a slow and subtle manner. Something new is called for.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
imark3000 (04-25-2008), moondaughter (11-28-2010), VICTORIALOU (11-29-2010)