View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default ESI Injections

Although it is not the most favorable treatment, I found with the flouascope and top doc doing this that I have gotten some permanante relief from the 24/7 cervogenic head migraines I had for years and years.

I pointed to the worst part of the pain...a lump at the base of my skull that triggered the cervogenic head pain....Also he aimed it to help the shoulders, traps, arms and hand pain.

The injection was in the "hump" at C5 and covered my area great. I do tend to go pretty tough, no anesthsia, IV or anything. The flourascope though I have to have. Last one the nurse was pointing out to the screen and the doc said thatis why we use the flourascope.....The two nurses, took one arm each as I lay on my stomach and pulled as hard as they could to get the decompression out of the spine I guess and get the needle in.

But, with the excellant results from that one, for four years now I only need tune ups of trigger point injections and valium as a muscle relaxant for the spasms.

If I were to get another one though, I would ask for some versette. I felt everything which not painful was uncomfortable. The pressure felt like a ballon affect in my body blowing up to my neck and down the arms to my fingers for about 30 seconds. I did not like that feeling.
BUT I went in with tears from the pain in my head and instantly the pain level went from a ten to a three. I could have hugged him. It has never ever returned to the ER level pain I was having prior to this proceedure, The first two, I did not point to the pain and were placed by the MRI: I was glad this time he could find the triggering nerve compression site.

Just be relaxed, take a driver, ask for versette....or valium IV not pill.
Hugs to you
di

PS I did have lumbar too, but weaned off unless leg pain is too much.

Pocono area, PA

"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (04-24-2008), Dmom3005 (04-27-2008)