Thread: The PD Process
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 11:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Faith, as well intentioned as it may be, must be built on facts, not fiction--faith in fiction is a damnable false hope.
Tena -
I love all of those you listed but I disagree with this one. No such thing as false hope - hope is only that, not a promise, not a certainty, not a finality. And who is to ever say that something is absolutely not possible - especially with PWP - no one knows enough to be able to say that. When I suddenly realized, hey, with early onset PD, there isn't much of a record because it's been relatively rare until this generation, I think - so what the hell does anyone know about what's going to happen to all of us taking mirapex for 30 years or more, or any of those other drugs of choice....so in a way that leaves things way more open for possibilities, for ways to transform this monster...

I'm coming to believe that this disease is so difficult to deal with because in some ways it represents the whole of the world in a kind of paralysis somehow, as we slide towards direness around the globe...We are all connected. And if some of us can do the work of reactivating a single body, limb by limb, reintegrating soul and matter, and if part of that work is figuring out what makes a single balanced life on this planet, without pesticides, with less stress and more laughter, and more rest, and more compassion and more patience, and more appreciation of everything, and a fierce enemy of the pain that so many people are carrying...well, even a single life can have great vibrational impact on our environment and our society. So altho some of these nights can be pretty dark...really I feel honored to attempt to shoulder this thing. And find myself accepting the labrynth.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ibken (04-25-2008), moondaughter (11-28-2010), VICTORIALOU (11-29-2010)