View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 03:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fibromyalgia relief?

I have had Fibromyalgia for 8+ years. It's scary, debilitating and tiring. I have a 13 year old at home, so I can relate. I play music to relax, soak in Bath Therapy (at drug stores), take a nap during the day (very important this) and rest when I get tired. The house does not always get cleaned, but real friends will undestand. I've had to assign my son chores to help out also. He cooks, cleans and washes if I can't. I hate to do this, but he also needs this for his survival when he is grown.
I also eat a lot of chicken. Someone from a Fibromyalgia Study Group said that Chicken seems to help. I don't know, but I love chicken - fried, boiled, baked or barbequed. Try Pain A Trate - This ointment smells like Ben Gay, but works in a matter of minutes when you are in pain. Hope some of these suggestions help. My last suggestion is that no matter how bad it gets find something to laugh about. Laughter helps with depression and stress. Good luck.

A little past history. In 2000 I had ACM decompression surgery, and had C-1 and C-2 decompressed. A year later I was still experiancing local pain and generalized stiffness/achyness, and an almost bruised like tenderness in areas all over. I was diagnosed by my neurologist with Myfascial Pain Syndrome. Since that time I have become unemployed, and lost health insurance, so hadnt been seen by a doc in 6 years. The pain and other symptoms gradually went from annoying to unbearable durring that time.

I recieved approval for SSI disability in March and this was my first appointment. I also have vision impairment and Affective Mood Disorder (Major Depression). My doc said I have "classic" Fibro symptoms, and display pain at 14 of the 18 tenderpoints. He is making an appointment for me to go to the Neurologist to have the ACM evaluated. He's Rx'd me with 10mg daily of Prozac and 75mg 2x daily of Lyrica. I am scheduled for a follow up exam in 6 weeks. During this time I am supposed to keep a mood journal and a symptoms journal in addition to the daily journal that I have been keeping since Feb.

Ok, now for the questions. Does this seem like a proper approach? Also I have read that for people with Fibro you should cut down on stress as much as possible, does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this with a 5 year old girl and a 14 year old boy living in the home? I am a stay at home mom, and they are very stressful LOLOL. Also, is there anything to help with late evening fatigue and sleepiness? After supper I am so sleepy and tired, I barely have the energy to clean up the supper table and straighten the kitchen.

All comments and suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you all in advance for your great advice.

God Bless us Everyone!!!!

Dawn[/QUOTE]
Lady Veteran is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote