View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 07:29 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Thumbs Up

Hi everybody! Seems like forever since I've been here. (PLM) (Ken and Glendas kids above) Yes that was Cedric and I tagging along with Ken, the wild man! It was quite an emotional send off. Ken was awarded a national award for courage, from the ALS Association as we left. Nothing like a little emotional liability before you leave. Shwew! Add to that we lost two pals from our group last month. I know that fueled Ken's determination.

Our group coordinator, Rhonda Rittenhouse, Cedric and I Followed Ken about 5 miles. We were pulled over by the police for going too slow. LOL! We were forced to ride the sidewalks. In the first hundred yards Ken went off and got stuck... so much for the permission from that town. I hope that doesn't happen again. I don't think Glenda could pick him up. It took two of my brothers. It was really hard to watch them go off alone.

As for the batteries... after the walk, and the beginning of Ken's journey (about five to 7 miles?) he was down to 30%. He has two more chairs. But no extra batteries. Rhonda said it best... Ken, I don't know how religious you are... but these will be some god days for you! I hope some of you can join in and be a part of this journey. Roll on brother!

ALS/MND Registry

BobbyB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote