View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patch View Post
Thank you so much for the info, but I have some questions. What is ON? Also with my situation they at first thought it was myasthenia gravis. I was having double vision where my vision would split into two. Then it was a little over a month ago that I noticed when I look to the left I would see two images but when I look to the right I would see normal. When looking to the left and then looking straight forward I would continue seeing two images and my family had said that my left eye turns towards my nose. Now when I walk and looking down it's double.
I have to wear a patch to do things around the house and driving well let's say I do that if I have to because it's very hard. I was on steroids but it did not work at all. So now I have another MRI set next weekend to compare my eye from a month ago till now. I went to Shands Hospital yesterday in Gainsville, Fl and the new doctor wants to run a test where they put wires on my head and I stare at a computer and record my eye movement. He said that it can also help on maybe seeing if I have MS. He also talked about a lumbar punture.

Thanks again

What kind of steroids did they give you?

Optic Neuritis is basically, inflammation of the optic nerve.

Optic means "pertaining to the eye".

Neuritis means "inflammation of nerves".

(I love it when I can use what I learned in my Medical Terminology classes)

It's commonly the presenting symptom of Multiple Sclerosis. But, it can be a "clinically isolated event" too. (meaning it might not have anything to do with MS)

Have you had any problems with your color vision in that eye since this started? Does the color red look like it's got gray in it?

Did they see anything on your last MRI? (optic neuritis can usually be seen on MRI, but sometimes it's not. They couldnt see it on my brain MRI, but it was pretty obvious that I had it)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote