View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No I had no problems since this all started in December of 2007. Does the color red look like it's got gray in it?

Radiology reports reads:
There is abnormal enhancement on the left side surrounding the optic nerve intraconal location. The optic globe appears symmmetric bilaterally. The ocular muscles are symmetric bilaterally. Minimal degree of enhancement partially involves the left optic nerve;however, most of it appears to be intraconalin location. The brain itself appears intact. The diffusion potionand FLAIR sequences are intact. Findings are mostly consistent with a pseudotumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin524 View Post
What kind of steroids did they give you? I was on predinsone for a month and nothing happened.

Optic Neuritis is basically, inflammation of the optic nerve.

Optic means "pertaining to the eye".

Neuritis means "inflammation of nerves".

(I love it when I can use what I learned in my Medical Terminology classes)

It's commonly the presenting symptom of Multiple Sclerosis. But, it can be a "clinically isolated event" too. (meaning it might not have anything to do with MS)

Have you had any problems with your color vision in that eye since this started? No I had no problems since this all started in December of 2007. Does the color red look like it's got gray in it?

Did they see anything on your last MRI?
Radiology reports reads:
There is abnormal enhancement on the left side surrounding the optic nerve intraconal location. The optic globe appears symmmetric bilaterally. The ocular muscles are symmetric bilaterally. Minimal degree of enhancement partially involves the left optic nerve;however, most of it appears to be intraconalin location. The brain itself appears intact. The diffusion potionand FLAIR sequences are intact. Findings are mostly consistent with a pseudotumor.
(optic neuritis can usually be seen on MRI, but sometimes it's not. They couldnt see it on my brain MRI, but it was pretty obvious that I had it)
patch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote