View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 12:10 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I can't answer other people's issues, because this is a new issue for me, and it's so strange to experience. I know my situation is not "just stress"

because that doesn't encompass the digestive issues, the breathing problems and irregular heartbeats, all of which occur to me when the autonomic neuropathy acts the worst. For me, it's ALL at the same time, and I struggle with the digestive problem and the breathing problem on a daily basis. I think the digestive problem is pretty easy to identify if you are not digesting on a daily, or every other day basis - I can go a week and then throw up old food or finally pass old food. I am not even hungry now - I used to be, and then be full with a couple of bites, but it's gotten so bad I am never hungry and I have to force myself to eat once in a while. I use Miralax as part of the hospital change of meds.

As for stress, right when I got TOS back in '02, I lost my ability to deal with stress, have any ability to fight, argue, etc., which was a very large part of my paid job. On a personal note, I had to train those around me that I just didn't have it in me anymore to argue as it would make me sick. So I think there is a general inability to handle stress due to TOS from the nerve damage neurologically, not to be confused by true autonomic nerve symptoms which are proof of further nerve damage.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote