View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 03:40 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist View Post
I know that this thread is dealing mainly with general fatigue after long hours, but in a way it reminds me of a situation which goes straight to my heart. I am disabled, but I worked as an auto technician for twenty years. And there used to be an automotive problem we would see from time to time. People would check the level of fluid in their batteries, and if it was low instead of adding mineral water as they should, they would actually buy and add acid to the battery.

This almost always resulted in what we called a surface-charge battery. For five or so seconds the car would crank just fine, so if it started quickly you'd never even know that you had a problem. But after those five seconds, the battery would just go suddenly and completely dead. That's the kind of tiredness which I deal with now. When you first meet me I look and act totally normal. But once I start doing a repetitive task, within a minute or two my battery suddenly goes dead, and I have to take a break to let it recharge. I can't figure out what is causing this.

If I've interrupted the thread, I apologize. But it really made me think of that problem. I hope you guys are doing good, and great luck to all of you!

Idealist

Your description hits the nail on the head. In the mornings, even the activity of taking a shower makes me sit and rest afterwards.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote