View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Well I live in a 2 story home which we had built when our 31 year old was 1. So there is a lot of history in this house. I converted the larger of the kids bedrooms into a multipurpose room. It's my library, gradughters play room and computer room. I got an idea from HGTV to convert the closet into a sewing room. I painted it a contrasting color, put curtains around the frame and put my sewing table, machine and storage drawers in it. One of the toys I bought my grandaughter was a dolls playpen to match her sisters playpen. It is now the cats bed. I have a baby pillow and blanket in it and when I come in here the cat follows and gets in her bed at my side. Sorry about my music. I usually only get on the computer at bedtime, start the session out with quite music and end it by playing spider solitaire and then go to sleep. There is no organization at all. Well that's a half fib. There is organizational supplies under the mess. So that's my desk and room.

Oh another idea I got off HGTV. I have always wanted a window seat. So I took my old cedar chest. My Dad made it in high school! I put a protective barrier on top and then took a piece of MDF the size of the cedar chest and put padding and covered it. I put it right in front of the window here in my computer room, flanked it with bookcases and put one of the body pillows leaning up against the window. Then I put some small pillows leaning up against the sides of the bookcases and I have my window seat!

I also have a very old dresser that my Dad refinished in the room and I have it covered in pictures cause that's the way my parents had the cedar chest in their home.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (04-25-2008)