View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hysterectomy & RSD

I am the president of a non-profit women's health education organization, the HERS Foundation. HERS has counseled over 850,000 women. Many of the women who contact HERS have developed RSD after hysterectomy and those women who had it prior to the surgery often found that the surgery exacerbated it. You can find information about the percentage of women with RSD who report that it is worsened, the same, or better after hysterectomy you can read the Adverse Effects Data by visiting the HERS Foundation website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake View Post
Hi Everyone!

I'm on the waiting list to have a hysterectomy (should be about a 2-3 month wait) and would love to hear some suggestions/advice/experiences from those that have had a hysterectomy post-RSD.

My Pain Dr has said he'll give me a ketamine infusion (awake technique) while I'm in hospital for the hyst, which is great, but it takes about 3 days to get the infusion dosage to a pain relieving level (that's if it helps at all), so I'll need to do everything I can before then to keep my rsd symptoms in check.

I've already talked to one RSDer who had her hysterectomy post-RSD and didn't have any RSD dramas, which is great news, so I'm wondering if others are the same and if not, what was done to keep your rsd at bay during the operation and recovery? I'm having it done internally, with just small cuts for the laparascope, so thankfully there'll be no big abdominal cuts to get my nerves in a tizzy fit!

Thanks
x Kate
HERS Foundation is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote