View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarkie View Post
I've started having migraines since being dxd with ms. I never had them before, wasn't really even headache prone. During my initial exacerbation I started having severe pains like being stabbed in the head with an ice pick. They were all on the right side, and that's where the majority of my lesions are.

I don't see how they can defitively say that ms and migraines are not related. They can really only say they don't currently know of any link. It makes sense to me that either an inflammatory response in the brain or misfiring nerve cells could cause headaches.

Do you take Topamax or another preventive rx? I'm still getting loaded on Topamax but it does seem to be helping.
I take it as a preventative. It has been the only drug I've been on that has ever helped.

Take a look at the headache forum for some other helpful information. http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/forum32.html

I said MS doesn't cause migraines. Headaches are listed as a symptom of MS. I've had Migraines long before I was ever dx'd with MS...about 20 years or more. According to the research I've done, there is no causal relationship. And Yes, I agree, it could very well be due to the location of the lesions. Who knows? I don't.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote