View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 02:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks Gumby

For that info.

The reason this dr gave me pred in the first place was because I told her that it helped me in the past. I had been crashing for about 2yrs, every three to four months, with periods of weeks to recover. This one particular time, my lower back went hay wire I could barely walk. Anyhow ended up in the emerg, and because I can't take NSAID I was given pred. 25 mgs for 2 days only. Plus moraphine for pain. I was in the hosp for 2 1/2 days. When I got home it just got worse. My back pain was under control, sorta, but the rest just sucked. I did see yet another dr and no one had any idea what to do with me. Then they were looking for MS, yet all they ever did was give me a MRI of my brain. 8 months after the fact. Theres that pathetic work again. Always lame.

Well I did finally recover from that ordeal. I was reading about CFS then, looking for some reason that I was feeling this way, and also some way to fix the problem. Thats were I read about the 5 mg of pred. So when I seen my dr I asked if this was ok to do. He said that he didn't see any reason for not trying, they do give more to people with asthma conditions or bronchitis. So 5 mgs for 7 days every eight weeks is what I was aloud. I found that it got me out of the crashing, the first time, second time not so well. I then decided that I would only do this if it was really, really bad.
Sounds like I'm being my own dr. And you know you just about have too these days, have barley met any dr worth knowing.

So this is what I know of pred. No one has dx'ed me with anything. So really there is no treatment. And I'm really sick of this. I am going to ask for more blood test. I don't even know if I'm negitive or positive for antibodies. The blood test keeps getting lost.

I'm very glad that I have this place. Its really helped me find alot of answers to my health problems. Any help is really apprieciated. Thanks, Patricia
turner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote