View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

BBMac, let me say a few things that might help.

Firstly - you are not alone.
I have had PCS since 2005. It was hard and it was rough ride, I am not going to lie. It really sent me on this hellish journey of problems and stress.. but listen, after 3 years, things have started getting better. I am stronger, I have changed my life within, worked on things that really matter and changed my attitude and perception. One of the greatest things that I learnt was to be positive and to stop worrying. I cannot stress that enough. Positivity even in the darkest moments seems like a difficult thing to do but if you can make it habit, you'll be bouncing back in no time. Every day is a step up and you WILL get there. I used to think that my life was over for so long. I couldn't do anything after my accident. I spent a year on the sofa. I was depressed, ill, dizzy and in constant discomfort and surrounded by sadness. Today, just 3 years later - I am working part time in a very enjoyable job, I have a better understanding of myself, my life and what matters to me and my symptoms are less severe - I know how to deal with them better too.

You must learn to understand that with time and positive thinking, you will find a new you and recovery will come faster. I know it's hard but stick with it. Believe me, I've been through it so I know.

Thanks
Gerbil.
gerbil is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote