View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

That is one of my big fears when I go to certain parks and recreation areas around here.

There's a local, privately owned forest in Bellevue (town where Offutt AFB is located, and about 12 miles form me) I've gone down there to walk on their raised paths (whole thing is handicap accessible...I'm not handicapped, but it's a huge walking path that looks like a really long winding deck...several miles long if you walk all the paths)

At one point, it's right next to a bluff that looks down on the Missouri river. I'm terrified of that part of the path. The rail was missing last time I was there. (some stupid kids snuck into the forest and vandalized it)

I've had nightmares of walking by that point and falling. (it's probably an 80 foot drop or more...I'm horrible at estimating distance)

Just hearing the story about him falling 10 - 12 feet scares the crap out of me...did the wheelchair go with him? I'd be scared to death, not just falling, but having a wheelchair following me down...eeek!

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (04-26-2008), tamiloo (04-27-2008), Twinkletoes (04-26-2008)