View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default You would not believe what my dad just did.

We just had our front bathroom re-done. With one of those nice walk in tubs that has the door.

Well, my dad was going to take the very first bath in the totally finished bathroom...and guess what he did?

He FORGOT to close the freaking door on the walk-in tub!! He thought it was closed, but it wasnt. My mom heard the water coming out of the tub and went in to tell him what was going on...apparently he needs his hearing checked. Because he was yelling at her to get out of the bathroom while she was trying to tell him that the tub was leaking.

Now the basement has a ton of water in it (not the finished side, which I live in)

I went into the basement when I heard my mom yelling about the water leaking out of the tub. I found it raining in the store room, so I yelled upstairs to my dad that the water was leaking into the basement all over his power tools and tool boxes and some of MY things.

He didnt seem to understand me and was still happily taking a bath and yelling at my mom to stop yelling at him.

When I yelled for him to turn the water off because it was headed for our circuit breaker, then he was "oh! the water is LEAKING into the basement...DUH!!"

now we're going to have mold...yayforthatNOT!

I live in this basement, I dont want it molding down here because I'm pretty sure that I have a serious allergy to things like that.

Now I'm all hot and sweaty and wet and my right foot is numb from the exertion because I had to go into the store room and start hauling stuff out of it to dry. He just wants to leave it all in there to dry. If it wasnt going to be raining here soon, I'd be putting everything out onto the patio to dry in the sun.

I think my headache is coming back. argh!

I know it was an accident, but when I told him it was heading for the electrical stuff, and I didnt know if it was going to stop or not, that he might have thought it to be a bit dangerous to be in the tub where the water was leaking from...

I just went in there to check and see if the fan was drying stuff. My dad had left all sorts of boxes on the floor directly between the fan and the water. How is the fan supposed to dry the water if it cant blow onto the water. More hot and sweaty for me now.

I have the fan blowing on the ceiling because I think it needs to dry faster...the floor is just cement, but the ceiling has pipes, an air conditioning vent, cable wires and electrical wires and toilet and shower drains and some loose insulation. If I can get that to dry quick, then maybe it wont get all moldy/mildewy down here.

I have towels all over the floor now too. Good thing there are a couple of empty plastic totes to toss them in when we're done with them.

I cant believe my dad just left with my mom to go shoe shopping while I'm here cleaning up his drippy, soggy mess. Can you tell that I'm a bit peeved?

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (04-26-2008)