View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 03:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default regarding numbness

I think everyone reacts defferently depending on many things. and also what type of surgeon, ie neuro, or ortho did the op. I had a neuro do mine, and although my story is not a particularly great one, I met a man yesterday who had the same but done by and ortho. It is thought perhaps that sometimes they are not so careful with the spinal nerves but maybe I should not make such a randon sweeping statement. Anyway his ability to way was about 50% of mine. I am a good mover, and although I use a crutch, I dont need it all the time. I have a lot of numb spots especially in my left leg. My left arm is not good either. I have been worst affected internall, as just about all of my organs have now proplapsed one by one. Last November, I had a hysterectomy, and My bladder was put back, and small intestine. I needed to self cath for over six months. I have had a lot of tests over the year and have just learned that my bowel is not working because of spinal nerve damage, and is unlikely to work by itself, without considerable intervention. It also now has proplapsed. So although I can walk, and my damage is not obvious, its hit me on the inside, and I also have peripheral nerve damage which makes my skin prickle and tingle all the time, but hey actually you get used to it. I'm getting used to the idea of more surgery, and intend to get it over and done with as soon as possible. I have too much to be getting on with. Billie, its really lovely over here in the lake district, in Autumn. Where are you from. The colours are amazing, green, gold, orange, brown. Its so beautiful I think you should pay UK a visit. You'd love it. I know about doing too much, and paying for it, but I'm not going to next time, which could be before Christmas. Junie, when you've been in this boat for a bit, you stop being embarrassed, and truly you have to laugh at yourself, otherwise you'd just cry all the time.
Take care anyway.
M.x
marijo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote