Thread: Diet
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 07:39 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Can be maddening

Too much. Too little. Too late. Too early. Drives you nuts.
I do best if I start with a boiled egg with the first meds. And, at least until I started the mucuna, it could be anywhere from one hour to three until on. And, as Rosebud and others have learned, blood sugar is a real issue for some of us.

The biggest dietary impact for me has become MSG. Knocks my meds out the window. Easy enough to test for yourself. Just go and buy yourself a can of soup. Read the label so that you don't accidently buy some healthy soup though. If it messes with your symptoms, start reading labels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch1 View Post
I've had PD for 10years,and on one form of sinemet or another for most of that time.In my individual case I have found the following:!.Taking meds on an empty stomach increases effectiveness dramatically.I wait at least 45 mins. after dosing before eating anything.2.Eating any form of protein eggs steak etc before or shortly after negates any effect I get from sinemet.3. Liberal amts of water used while dosing seems to speed on time.4.Any caffine or alcohol tkes me immediately to off time.5.Some days doesn't matter what I do can't get any decent on time for meds.Could be i slipped and had a snack when I should not have or the waitress messed up and served me caffinated instead of decafinated.In closing i would say in my case diet plays a greater role then amt of med taken .This is strictly meant in my case all are different.Sure is one difficult disease to deal with.Wishing all the best.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote