View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 08:31 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I have a question about these compression socks.

I, myself, have never had to wear them. Alan had gone out and bought himself a pair (I have no idea why), and he wore them one day and they were so tight. When he took them off I told him, "why on earth did you buy these?" and he said "I really didn't know what I was buying, but these cost $20.00 and I figured they'd bring the blood into my feet, and maybe the pain between my toes would go away". None of his doctors ever told him to wear these stockings. He was in the drug store, saw them and said "why not?"

This was over one year ago by the way. I phoned the company, they sent me a mailer and returned our money.

I know there are various kinds of these stockings, with various kinds of compression up and down the leg, right? Aren't these terribly uncomfortable??

I have a big friend 6 feet 6 who is diabetic. He wears these (the whole leg version.) He once said "I hate these things, they are so uncomfortable".

He has recurring foot ulcers, various operations, (he recently had another one done). He wears the shoe boot on one foot or the other.

And he hates these stockings. I don't tell him what to do, because his doctor wrote a prescription for these.

My question is "If these are so tight as not to be comfortable, what on earth do they do, that a person has to wear them all day?"

I don't even wear panty-hose any more because it's not necessary. but I remember years ago, when I worked and I wore those control top panty hose, well, Brother, they were murder. I didn't even like regular pantyhose. I used to buy the Queen Sized, when I went to work. They weren't too bad.

I can only imagine if I had to wear compression stockings. How does a person wear these things every day????

Very curious.

Thanks much.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote