View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all the comments / suggestions. I'm feeling overwhelmed. It doesn't help that all of us are packrats and the house was a mess before all of this. Thank heavens Mr. Kay is better at managing this and keeping up with the workers than I am.

I hadn't thought of flame retardant on carpeting... that's one of the things we were told to avoid in pajamas for Tom, so I guess it's not recommended. I am leaning toward no carpet. (Mr. Kay would prefer going back to carpet.)

Anyway... just to keep you posted... they found asbestos in the flooring and wall tape. I guess I'm not really surprised, but it never occurred to me until yesterday. One of the workers asked us yesterday if we were the original owners. While I am a mere months away from 40, this house was built in 1953! (Mr. Kay is a few months younger; although to hear him talk, he's at death's door. "I'm getting old!")

So, we have to wait and see what the next step is. My fun meter is pegged.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote