View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 03:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZjanie View Post
DH and I are looking at new computers and wondering about Vista? Everyone I have talked to say when you get a computer get rid of Vista and put XP in??

So far; no one I have talked to likes Vista including people in our computer club and the webmaster too. He put XP in both his new ones.

[SIZE=3]I had heard the "Vista bugs" were taken care of

I would hate to pay for a program then toss it.

Thanks for any advice suggestions you may have.
I've had Vista for 12m now on a new PC, and it is very good. Better than XP.
The only thing to be wary of with Vista is installing it on anything that is not new or certified as being Vista compliant. This is most important. My sound card was not fully compliant, and would not download sound from camcorder tapes. Had a new card put in, after much problem searching.
Also, when Vista came out a lot of hardware suppliers had not updated their drivers, so many things just didn't work well if at all. These weren't Vista bugs.
If you get everything new and certified, you will be very pleased with it, I'm sure.
You will always find "experts" who are more concerned with egos and how much smarter they are, but their opinions are likely to be more self serving than trying to help the average punter.
Go for it!

Peter B is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AZjanie (04-27-2008)