Thread: Mucuna Pruriens
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:23 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I had a boiled egg at the same time as I took it, which is my usual routine. I find that it stabilizes my blood sugar and gives a shot of choline. Protein has never been a problem for me. Quite the contrary. No apparent reason for the quick turn on.

Our systems are like a kid's spinning top. Young and healthy systems spin rapidly and smoothly. As we age the top slows down and begins to wobble. A gust of wind doesn't affect the fast spinner but it makes the slower one begin to wobble. It's as though our systems are like that. "Fragile" is a description more than one of us has used here. That is one reason I am drawn to purported adaptogens. They are the only thing that holds out the hope of being able to adjust such a complex system. I suspect mucuna of having some of those properties and, of course,inseng is a classic one.

Heck, checked my blood pressure just now. 122/75 I have not had any BP medication for about six months now. I had been taking it for 15 years or more. Whenever I would quit it within two days my BP would be up to 180 over 115. Now BP is controlled by a part of your nervous system that is affected by PD. Was it the ginseng? Or the mucuna? Both?

If it was the ginseng ( I have been laying off it for a month or more testing the mucuna) then that is evidence of something permanent having happened. The GI and bladder systems are still much improved as well. And my sleep pattern is much more normalized than a year ago.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote