View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

ok guys, now i'm MAD as heck and don't want to take it anymore.
i need to sound off so i can sleep tonite.

this morning about 0900 my toilet was acting up. it was sluggish and incomplete flushing and after several different tries i abandoned it because i thought it was going to overflow.

i made 4 calls to the emergency maintenance # (& spoke to a human). no service and no call back. the operator said a single dwelling toilet was grounds for emerg repair but couldn't, or wouldn't, give me any answers. ever since this new company bought this apt development there has been no 24/7 on site maintenance available. i've had toilet problems before at all hrs on all days and it's always been addressed.

this apt has been going downhill for at least 2 yrs. it's gotten dirtier and dirtier. now the trash bins from the garages are being left outside without covering til the trash whatever empties them. trash not only blows around the parking lot but in the garages. the garages havn't been cleaned in 2-3 yrs. they're very dusty and dirty. residents, including myself, keep bringing these things up to mgment without action, only excuses.

and, the gate system hasn't worked (thus the apt bldg security that i pay for) in 4 mos. something about since we bought the bldg and changed companies they "can't find the line". well i don't buy that line. i think something is going on here and they've been lying for mos. but i can't prove it.

i've talked to some of my co-residents who've heard maintenance say that the resident "make too much trash".

we have a 311 # here in denver that people can call for help and resources in the city. i called today and someone from the public health dept will be calling me, hopefully tomorrow. they will investigate and get back to me without disclosing who i am.

my lease is up the end of aug. i've often felt like blasting these people but have kept my temper. i've heard others say the rent has gone up by $50/mo. i've lived here almost 20 yrs and know how this place has gone downhill. i'm concerned that if i make too much noise they will raise my rent big time.

i kind of feel trapped. cathy doesn't think we'll move for 2 more yrs.
that leaves me with making the decision to find another place to live and to make moving plan in 4 mos. needless to say it will be a tremendous effort for me to move, and very expensive. i don't have anyone to help and they will have to pack everything.

tomorrow i plan on starting to throw away (yes, i'll be making more trash) every extra thing i don't want or use to cut down on these expenses. from extra pens to extra glasses.

i can also call and find out what my renter rights are and how to address this problem. maybe they want to make us miserable so we'll leave. they are re-modeling empty apts i've been told. and, we are right near light rail so maybe they want to really jack up the rents or even go condo. i don't know.

i can also call my local news channel to see if they're interested in a story.

i'm mostly unloading. i know how long this is.
and, if anyone has any thoughts on this situation i'd like to hear them.

thanks,
You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
--------------------------------------
"DESIDERATA" by Max Ehrmann