View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

"One of the biggest offenders is PERFUME and other scented products. Did you know that many of the ingredients in your perfume are the exact same ingredients found in GASOLINE??!! I didn't either! The scary thing is that the perfume industry is NOT REGULATED at all - they can put any number of chemicals in fragrance without revealing what those chemicals are - or how they affect humans. We humans are all participating in a giant "lab experiment" against our knowledge and against our will, and it's making some of us VERY sick."

I am very sensitive to fragrances too, and have been for many years. I have lots of allergies (I guess that's what they are), but my worst reactions are to perfume and mold. I can smell mold from about 20 ft away from the source!!

Even as a teenager, at my first "real job", I had to ask one of the managers if he would please not cut through my area of the shop because I would have a headache for hours from his cologne. It's not all fragrances, but some are particularly bad for me.

Some kids got into my convertible car with their AXE a few years ago, and I couldn't even drive it for a week. I had to have it detailed and leave the lid off for that long before I could even get back into it.

I know some people hate the smell of smoke, and kick up quite a stink about it . . . but it doesn't bother me. It's the people with perfume and cologne that I get irritated about.

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
momXseven (04-28-2008), Victor H (04-28-2008)