View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8rgirl View Post
First off, as you can probably guess by my user name I am a pilot.

Secondly, the cabin pressure inside commerical airplanes is kept at a comfortable altitude so it shouldn't bother you. Having said that, it would depend on whether or not any pressure bothers your TN.

I have MS and sometimes pressure bothers me. Do you have problems when you drive up a hill? Or when you take an elevator up to the top of a tall building? It would be the same type of pressure change. Or even when the barometer changes from a high pressure to a low pressure.

The 2 1/2 hour flight would not be a significant period of time for most people but people with TN are not most people! If you are that concerned, I would ask your doctor for something to help you with the pain that you could take just before the trip to help you relax, maybe a xanax or valium to relax.

Have a great flight and a good time in NY!
Thanks so much , I have flown befor with no problem just my ears get clogged but i havent flown since i had tn so i was just wondering how it would react with the pressure up in the air !! Thanks so much for your great information !!!
dlcottage is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (05-26-2008)