View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 07:48 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Gloria,

I think what confuses people is when they hear they word "shot", they immediately think ESI. And that is not always what is given. I ran into this with my husband. He went to get an injection one day and came home and couldn't tell me what TYPE it was. So, I had him call the doc's office back to find out. Based on his description though it sounded like a SNRB and that is precisely what it was. So, I think anyone and everyone here should ask just what kind of shot they are going to receive. I know the PM's we see do NOT like to give ESI's more than 3 times a year. However, for facet injections, it is not a big deal.

What I want to emphasize is something you said as well. I would NOT go to a Chiro or PT or anyone that wants to do any kind of manipulations until you know EXACTLY what is going on. MRI's are usually the first thing anyway! And I have ran across one Chiropractor who went by xrays only. Thank goodness I had the sense to "run" since I already knew what was wrong with my spine. All I wanted to see him for was to release some spasms. But he tried to sell me the biggest crock of goods imaginable! AND...he wanted me to sign a contract. No way!!! And, well, I will just state what my PM said...there is NO WAY they can realign your spine. It is just not physically possible without rods and he was referencing scoliosis as an example. I had to laugh when he said, "If this were true and you had disc put back in place, then wouldn't it make sense it would pop right back out if you bent over to pick something up?" He was just trying to make the point that discs just don't go back and forth like that. Yet, that Chiro tried to tell me he could straighten my whole spine.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote