Thread: Diet
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2008, 10:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotch1 View Post
I've had PD for 10years,and on one form of sinemet or another for most of that time.In my individual case I have found the following:!.Taking meds on an empty stomach increases effectiveness dramatically.I wait at least 45 mins. after dosing before eating anything.2.Eating any form of protein eggs steak etc before or shortly after negates any effect I get from sinemet.3. Liberal amts of water used while dosing seems to speed on time.4.Any caffine or alcohol tkes me immediately to off time.5.Some days doesn't matter what I do can't get any decent on time for meds.Could be i slipped and had a snack when I should not have or the waitress messed up and served me caffinated instead of decafinated.In closing i would say in my case diet plays a greater role then amt of med taken .This is strictly meant in my case all are different.Sure is one difficult disease to deal with.Wishing all the best.

I have found this too with the timing, water, and meals. I take Sinemet with plenty of water at three hour intervals so I time my meals in between the pills. This works out very well and I've been able to pretty much avoid the bumps in between. I also avoid large amounts of red meat and eggs anyway because of the high cholesterol thing.

Caffeine makes me nauseous now so I avoid it as much as I can. Just drinking a cup of coffee, with cream or not, makes me sick to my stomach. The same with caffinated sodas and tea now. I don't even go near alcohol either because of the nausea factor. It's pretty much Gator-aide and water, rootbeer, and ginger ale for me now.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote