View Single Post
Old 10-17-2006, 07:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default cluster or status?

About a month ago I started w/ a simple seizure in the A.M.. A few hours I awoke to find I was not yet done. Tried to sleep it off, but when I attempted a couple hours later to get off the sofa I realized neither my arm or leg on my rt side were functioning. Dead wait. I had some "common sense", but not fully w/ it. After dragging myself from chair to chair I attempted to call someone, but the brain couldn't figure out how to use the cell phone. Gave that up & kicked back on the sofa again. I was in & out the rest of the day trying to get some sleep. Finally in the early evening I came to the conclusion it was not gonna quit & stumbled/drug myself off to bed. The spasms started as soon as I laid down. I don't know how long that went on, but awoke sometime either late in the night or early evening. Attempted to use the restroom & found the leg & arm were still not working. Back to bed & in the A.M. I was still mentally fried, the leg was jerking & the arm was only half worthy. Finally in that evening I managed to recall how to use the cell phone & had someone haul me off.
They asked me way too many questions I couldn't answer @ the ER & the questions I should have been able to answer were locked in my brain. They put in some valium, pumped in more & did a CT scan. They booted me out a few hours later although I was far from "fxed."
I found out recently that they classified it as a cluster. From what I have read clusters stop & then begin later. That you come back to "normal" between the clusters. Is that right? I have read that status can kick in w/o knocking us out.
I had taken all my doses, so all they found was a lack of potassium in my system. I had an EEG two days later, but haven't heard how it turned out. I would bet that as crappy as I felt @ that time it didn't come out positive.

Thanks for any assistance!
flopper is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote